We are glad to have your child in our class and looking forward to the best year ever! We feel the kindergarten year is a very important one and our main purpose is to help your child grow to their fullest potential in all areas of their development: social, emotional, intellectual and physical.
We will be encouraging creativity and "learning by doing." Hopefully, your child will make the exciting discovery that learning is fun.
There are some important facts that you should know:
* Children are expected to attend school everyday and to be punctual with arrivals and departures. School is in session from 7:10-2:15
* A written note/call is required if your child will be picked up by anyone other than you, or if he/she is to take another form of transportation home other than their usual means.
Please notify us in writing of any food allergies.
Please only send in money on Fridays where your child can earn a special snack from the cafeteria.
Children may enter the kindergarten room beginning at 7:10 Students arriving before 7:10 need to wait patiently following SPORT expectations. Parents, please allow your child to walk to the classroom alone as we encourage independency.
Celebrations for birthdays are welcomed briefly during lunch or at the end of the day towards snack and dismissal. Please sign in at front office.
Due to our early lunch, we will have an afternoon snack. Each child is requested to bring snack once a month for the class.
For all trips off school grounds, we must receive a signed permission form. Pumpkin Patch and Park Circle festivals are the usual.
Daily Folders - A folder will be sent home daily containing completed work and information from school. Please go over the worksheets with your child and talk about their day. Please use the folder to return requested forms, notes and money envelopes to school.
Homework - Homework will begin in September. Please assist your child in completing homework and return as indicated in the homework notebook.
Bus riders will be loaded onto their buses by the assistants at 2:20. Car riders are taken to the front and wait on the 2nd blue bench. Please follow car line appropriately.
1. Make sure your child is getting the proper amount of sleep (10-12 hours daily) and eating dinner.
2. Keep us informed of unusual happenings in your child's life.
3. Have your child bring a book bag and kindergarten folder each day.
4. Do not send gum, toys or playthings to school.
5. Dress your child in uniform clothes containing the following colors: red, white, blue, khaki.
6. Each child needs an extra set of clothes in their book bag in case of spills or accidents.
We are excited about beginning the school year and thank you for your interest and cooperation.